Warts are bumps on the skin that may feel rough to the touch. They stem from a virus called human papilloma virus (HPV), for which there is no cure. Here are 5 things to know about these pesky warts on your hands:
- Warts can be very itchy and uncomfortable, and they can bleed if irritated.
- Despite these symptoms, warts are usually not cancerous.
- Treatment options for warts may include duct tape, a pumice stone, freezing the bump or surgery.
- Most people fight off this virus within 2-3 years.
- Treating warts takes time, so be patient!