Hand Hand Surgeon Hand Surgery

Best Hand Surgeons in the U.S.

The American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) includes a membership of more than 3,800 prestigious hand surgeons in the United States and around the world. Hand surgeon members of ASSH are required to meet rigorous standards. They are required to:

• Pass the Certification in the Subspecialty of Surgery of the Hand, a difficult exam that tests their hand surgery knowledge
  • Be certified in general, orthopaedic or plastic surgery by their Board
  • Be of high moral, ethical and professional standing
  • Have made worthwhile contributions in areas of hand surgery

The best hand surgeons in the U.S. are members of ASSH. They are in every state and can be found using  ASSH’s online search tool called Find a Hand Surgeon. This tool allows you to search by state, city, zip code or doctor name if you are looking for a specific individual. The results will show you a photo, phone number and address for ASSH hand surgeons near you.

Don’t worry, the surgeons included in this tool can treat you regardless of whether you need surgery. And, our surgeons can see you for issues with your hand, wrist, arm, elbow or shoulder. You can see an ASSH hand surgeon for:

• Pain or discomfort
  • Lumps and bumps
  • Injuries
  • Deformities
  • Numbness
  • Etc.

Start your search for an ASSH hand surgeon today at findahandsurgeon.com.

Advice from a Certified Hand Therapist: Treating Tommy John Injuries
Thumb Arthritis: Symptoms, Treatment and Recovery
Q&A with Dr. Scott Levin, the lead surgeon in 8-year-old Zion’s double hand transplant
  • Ron Brehm
    August 20, 2019 at 12:53 PM

I would like a recommendation for a hand surgeon who has done surgery on the DRUJ in the Harrisburg PA, Hershey PAor Johns Hopkins Area MD. His specialty/expertise has to be in hemiresection of the ulna
    ( Bower’s procedure) or resurfacing the distal radioulna joint or Darrah procedure. Thank you

• Sydney
    July 15, 2019 at 5:45 PM

I am looking for a doctor who is familiar and knows how to correct Brachydactyly type D also known as clubbed thumbs/fingers. I have only found luck with doctors in South Korea. I would like to know if there are any doctors in the U.S that can treat this.

• Miguel
    June 11, 2019 at 12:04 PM

I’ve had 2 surgeries on my scaphoid bone and currently the bone isn’t healing and a doctor in my home town said I have to take out the bone and fuse my wrist. I would like a second look from a good hand surgeon

• June 1, 2019 at 5:05 PM

My right hand was broken very back an I had surgery an an it’s still not not right an it be hurt an I can’t been my list back at all I can use my figure sv

• Bea
    May 10, 2019 at 7:54 PM

I’am looking for a hand sergent (orthopedic) that specilizes in deformities.and is a plastic sergent. Graduated prestigious schools and is top in his field. Has an office in Essex County or surrounding areas.

• Tom
      August 2, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Dr. Duretti Fufa at Hospital for Special Surgery. She specializes in upper extremities and plastic surgery. HSS is located at 70th and York.

• December 13, 2018 at 7:42 AM

Thank you so much for your information. it is really helpful for us. please keep us update

• Cathy
    October 21, 2018 at 3:37 PM

I would like to know if wrist surgery is also included with hand surgery issues.