You may have a scar from an injury or just from a surgery. It may be red, raised and firm. Some scars can even be sensitive or affect the way you use your hand or arm. To make sure that your scar does not affect your motion, and to help it heal properly, try these treatments:
- Scar Massage: Use Vaseline or any lotion to massage your scar twice a day for 10 minutes. This can help decrease sensitivity.
- Exercise: This can help prevent stiffness of joints near your scar.
- Apply Silicone Gel: This gel can be put on your scar in liquid or sheet form.
- Vibrating/Rubbing: Using vibration or rubbing your scar with different textures can desensitize it.
- Injection or Surgery: These options may be available if you have a unique problem with your scar.